Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week 5 Thoughts

The webinars this week were very informative.  I enjoyed Monday's webinar on the synchronous learning environment.  I am in the M.Ed. program that Virgil heads.  I actually just finished the 3-week Calculus summer course with he as my instructor.  I liked being able to put a face with the voice.  Although my course that I am creating is not synchronous, I did enjoy learning how strategies that these instructors use in their synchronous courses that they teach.  I agree that it is important to use different activities and strategies to keep students engaged.  I have to say that all of my instructors so far have done a great job of keeping their courses interesting and engaging.

Thursday's webinar was also very informative.  She did a great job explaining MOOCs and how we could use them to teach our students.  It really went a long way to help me understand what type of class I was in and I better understood the importance of blogging and tweeting in this course.

This week I worked a lot on setting up my modules in my course and labeling the parts of each module.  I am really interested in seeing what many of my peers have done with their courses.  I am hoping to get some good ideas for my own course.  I feel like I am really far behind because I have not begun to create my assignments for my class.  I am going to work really hard on completing my course this week as I do want to use it in this upcoming school year.  I have read some of the other students blogs and it is getting me excited about Monday's webinar.  One such idea is Gary's use of videos to explain how to use the site and to go over the course syllabus and expectations.  I am curious to see what my peers are using as their technology tools for teaching.

I have finally gotten the login information for my course so that y'all will be able to view what I have so far - which does not seem like much :(

www.lksdonline.org
login id:  oltak674
password:  bportie

once you are logged in - click Brandi Portie's section in the column on the right...this will bring you straight to my course.

No comments:

Post a Comment