Saturday, June 8, 2013

Week 3 Thoughts

 I want to start off by saying that I am really bummed I missed Thursdays webinar.  It was unfortunate that I could not make it and I was sad to learn that it was mistakenly not recorded.  However, I believe I learned a lot from the other events of this week.  I really enjoyed the process of creating my course structure and outline this week.  I learned a lot through the readings posted on #OLTAK and the attachments from Mondays webinar.  I understand the importance of the expectations of me as an instructor and I hope that I am able to help my students learn in an online environment.  I really think this could be a great experience for my students and something different that will engage them in meaningful learning.

There were a few of things that I took notes on and absorbed prior to creating my course structure.  I took to heart the expectations of the facilitator in the document titled "Participating in Online Community."  I saved a few documents, including the Blended Learning Syllabus and Module Template, from the Blended Learning Toolkit.  My most informative piece of reading was the Analysis of Organizational Approaches to Online Course Structures, where I most enjoyed the ten components of an online course.  It was very basic components that I often see in my own online courses through UAS.  However, the one document that most helped with the creation of my course structure and outline was The Defining Dimensions of Blended Learning Models chart in the iNACOL K-12 Course Design Structures.  I went through each component and decided on what my expectations for the course would be.  This was so helpful!

So attached is my course structure and outline.  Please scan it and let me know what you think.  I accept all constructive criticisms as I want my course to be a great learning experience for my students.  Thanks!


Course Structure/Outline

No comments:

Post a Comment